Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Wrap

I completed my knitted wrap. I wanted to make something for myself and started this beautiful elongated knit wrap. Without the fringe it measures about 8 1/2 feet long. With fringe it's over 9 feet. I used a Moda Dream yarn and a black with silver mohair yarn. Yes I know it is summer, but my office at work is FREEZING, so this will make a wonderful wrap or can double as an afghan (allbeit a single person one). It's lovely and soft.

I'm cross stitching Bent Creek's Big Round Zipper. I'm trying not to get bored with the border. It really is the hardest part of the whole thing. The filling in will be the fun part. I can't wait for the next installment. I have several pieces waiting in the wings to start, but I'm trying to finish things before I start new ones, and I do have a stocking to start. Oh well, that is too deep for me today. Maybe I will think deep thoughts tomorrow, after all tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Cari said...

Good job on the wrap!! You go girl!!!