Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blogs & Social Networking

I woke up this morning to some frustration. My email contained notifications that my facebook had been compromised and has been suspended due to terms of service violation. I have no idea what is going on. I certainly didn't violate any terms of service. I attempted to log in to facebook and yep....account is frozen. The email I received from Facebook security indicated that the account had been compromised. That just ticks me off. Hmmm, I've sent the requisite email, and hope I can get this squared away.

So, I'm pondering scammers and criminals this morning. What's wrong with these people. My account is so vanilla, what is the purpose of stealing it? The same thing happened on Gaia. I had been a member for years. I had a cute little avitar, I blogged, and in a blink of an eye, my account was stolen and years of fun and collecting was gone. Gaia wouldn't even acknowledge the loss or return an email. I never reopened an account. I'm still bitter. I hope my facebook account is able to be recovered, not that I have a whole lot of time or money invested, but my friends and family are there, and it is a great communication medium for us. I try and post regularly to my twitter, blogs, myspace and facebook. So I'm really bummed this morning.

Well I'm off. I hope the rest of the day progresses better than the morning. Blessings to all.

No comments: