Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, here it is, 2011. Wow, how time flies. It's time to reflect over the last year, and plan for the new. A lot has happened in 2010. My son joined the Army, my youngest daughter graduated from High School, and started College. My oldest daughter came off her medications, changed jobs, and has found a major in college that she is enthusiastic about. 2011 promises to be a year full of challenges, as I prepare for career change, and attempt to make a living following my dreams, my son will go to Afghanistan, and my oldest daugther will complete her AA and transfer to a 4 yr school to continue her BS. Exciting times to come, no doubt.

I'm finding inspiration all around me. I read an article on a family living like nomads since 2008 and will begin following their journey as they inspire me to take a leap of faith. I'm not ready to sell everything and let the wanderlust take hold, but I'm intrigued at the idea. It may not be my dream, but what I find inspiring, is how they chose to follow their dream. What can I learn from them?

Off the needles: Another Beanie Hat, in USF school colors, this one is primarily gold with 2 green stripes.

On the needles: Currently is the Yoga Socks. I've completed sock 1 and now more than 1/2 way done with sock 2. The shawl is in slow progression. I've lost my place, it fell of the needles, and now I need to rip back and start again. So needless to say, I haven't looked at it. I haven't picked up any cross stitch, but I have items in process, and I have things I want to sew with my new sewing machine. Maybe next weekend.

Happy 2011 to my friends and family.....

No comments: